Natural Bamboo grows in many regions of the world especially in warm climates where the earth is kept moist with frequent monsoons. Throughout Asia, from India to China, from the Philippines to Japan, natural bamboo thrives in natural forest lands. Twenty percent of the world’s natural bamboo grows in China, much of that in the wild. Today, due to increasing demand, it is being cultivated more and more in managed forests. In this region, natural bamboo is emerging as an important agricultural crop of increasing significance to struggling economies.
Natural bamboo is a member of the grass family. This fact goes a long way toward explaining several of it’s unique characteristics. We are familiar with grass as a rapidly growing invasive plant, as is natural bamboo. Maturing to a height of 20 meters or more in a mere four years, natural bamboo is ready to harvest. And, like grass, cutting natural bamboo does not kill the plant. An extensive root system remains intact, allowing for rapid regeneration. This quality makes natural bamboo an ideal plant for areas threatened with the potentially devastating ecological effects of soil erosion.
When it comes to the environment, cork and natural bamboo are a perfect combination. Both are renewable, harvested with no harm to their natural habitat, and produce materials that promote a healthy human environment.
After harvesting, natural bamboo is cut into strips. These strips go through a sterilization process before being placed in large drying ovens to hasten their curing time. Selected strips are stacked in layers and glued with adhesive prior to being put through a 1250 ton press to form panels from which flooring planks are milled.
Features of Natural Bamboo Flooring
- Eco Friendly- Natural bamboo is environmentally correct. Renewable, recyclable and biodegradable, cork and natural bamboo are recognized as true gems in modern sustainable architecture.
- Healthy Alternative- People are becoming increasingly aware of the influence our built environment has over health. Natural bamboo is being specified more and more often in response to rising concerns about indoor air quality, allergens, off-gassing, and the presence of PVC’s often associated with traditional building materials.
- Natural Beauty- Natural bamboo flooring boasts a unique appearance that is complimentary to many decors. Exotic and elegant, the beauty of Natural bamboo will enhance your interior while remaining true to its natural origins. Just like with any other natural product, differences in tone and appearance are to be expected. These variations establish the singular character that is your natural bamboo floor.
AAA Flooring Source carries many types of bamboo flooring, including Solid Bamboo, Engineered Bamboo, Natural Horizontal, Carbonized Horizontal, Natural Vertical, Cabonized Vertical Stranded Woven Bamboo, Distressed Bamboo. Choose from one of our many lines of bamboo products!
- US Floors Natural Bamboo Engineered Glueless Locking Bamboo, Natural Bamboo Wovwns Collections Oil Finish (Strand Woven Bamboo Veneer on a Bamboo Base), Natural Bamboo Solid Strand Woven Bamboo, Natural Bamboo Traditions, Natural Bamaboo Exotiques Collection
- Try-West Natural Collection, Stained Collection, Antique Collection
Ask one of sales associates to help you find just what you are looking for!